Trinity Boston Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from a wide range of backgrounds, including people of color.
Trinity Boston Foundation (TBF) is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join this dynamic and fast-growing community change organization that is a subsidiary of Trinity Church Boston. With a mission to unlock opportunity and change the odds for the youth of Boston, the Foundation delivers programs that serve youth and families and build dense networks of relationships and community support for youth city-wide.
Trinity Boston Counseling Center (TBCC) , a program of the Foundation, provides mental health support to individuals, families, and partner organizations across the city. TBCC works to expand access to mental health services for marginalized populations. In partnership, we build communities that affirm, inspire, and empower youth and their families; offer holistic support for physical, emotional, and spiritual well being; and strengthen community health and cohesion across Boston. Our clinical framework is to embed ourselves within existing programming with non-profits, state and city agencies and schools to provide clinical support to young people and to strengthen the capacity of the adults who support these young people through quality clinical management, coordination and staff support.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Administrative Assistant will specifically support our TBCC program. This is an exciting time to join our community! We are accredited by the Samaritan Institute and we are looking to become a licensed clinic with the potential to expand our locations. As a key part of a small team, this person will have the opportunity to partner with the Director in systems-building projects to ensure program sustainability.
Support categories and tasks as follows:
- Implementing and maintaining internal administrative systems
- Managing clinical databases: ensuring that records are maintained and updated
- Assisting in regular review of clinical files
- Serving as a liaison to the billing and insurance manager
- Assist in managing long term projects (ie. accreditation visits, marketing strategy, contract development)
- Processing client payments, invoices, and TBCC staff reimbursements
- Conducting screening calls with prospective counseling center clients
- Coordinating the receipt of internship program applications and scheduling interviews
- Generating invoices and documentation of services for partner agencies
- General administrative and secretarial duties, including but not limited to: fax, e-mail, copying, mailing, word processing, filing, room reservations, scheduling and maintenance of staff meeting schedules, maintaining and ordering supplies and organization of office space.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2-3 years administrative experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred
- Experience working in a mental health setting preferred
- Proficiency on MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- Experience in using Salesforce, electronic health records or other cloud based databases
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Keen sense of organization, with accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written/oral communications skills
- Eagerness to be a key player on a small team, with an ability to work independently
- Willingness to manage and build systems to strengthen administrative work flow
- Availability to work on Wednesdays
The Administrative Assistant position is an outstanding opportunity to join a high-growth, mission-driven organization. The Administrative Assistant will work 10-15 hours/week, with a possibility of some work hours being done remotely.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a preferred start date in January 2018. No phone calls, please.
TBF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from a wide range of backgrounds, including people of color.
This is a part time position with no benefits.
Job Type: Part-time
- Administrative Assistant: 2 years
- Medical Records: 1 year
To apply, visit our posting on Indeed.